Sunday, October 5, 2014

Orchestra and Pow-Wow

Yesterday I got to check something off of my BID list (before I die). I got to play in an orchestra in front of a live audience. If Firefly had an orchestra this would be it: a ragtag team of mixed instruments, races, ages, sizes and colors. We had keyboards, violins, guitars, basses, drums, a cello, saxes, a flute and two fifes. I don't know how we all managed to fit on that stage. I only got to play 2 chords but I had a blast. It was at the Victorville Spice of Life Fall Festival.

Today is the Lucerne Valley, CA Pow-wow. I was supposed to share a booth there but my partner canceled. So I'm going to take some crafts with me and a chair, and hang out under a shade tree and watch the folks do what they do. I'm going to make the best of it in whatever way I can. The weather is perfect.

Whatever you do today, have fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment