Sunday, November 10, 2013

Musings on Life and Veteran's Day

I wrote this on Facebook and decided to repost it here so I don't lose track of it.

I just want to take a pause today. Trying to survive I have an iron in many a fire, and in a way I feel like I'm being drawn and quartered. Yesterday I sat in my zen garden so I could have a moment alone. A big black raven flew by and I could hear its wings beating against the air.

I have a few energy vampires in my life. One is innocent enough but for some reason she wants to wedge herself into my life. And the other is just a brat, demanding and whining until I can hardly bear him. What kind of person do I need to evolve into to attract the kind of people I want and need in my life? I think I need mentors, but I don't need micro-managers.

I also just unfriended someone who believes our country should be government and religion all melted into one big lump of glass. What happened to the separation of church and state? Is that no longer a valued truth? As we approach Veteran's Day, I ponder how they fought so we could have freedom, including freedom of religion. That means we can't meld our government into 'God and Country' when people have the freedom to believe in various forms of god or to not believe in god or to be undecided. Or to put it bluntly 'when government and religion are combined, people get burned at the stake.'

The foothills are glorious today. As soon as the chill is off the air, I plan to sit and gaze at the beauty of nature, and realize I belong to the Earth, not the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment