Saturday, November 16, 2013

Dwelling on Dreams

Today I started several new blogs and made new Pinterest boards to go with them. I like to give my creativity free rein, even if it seems crazy sometimes. I need input, fresh things to work on, new things to ponder.

And speaking of pondering, we were watching the first Harry Potter movie again. Remember when Harry was staring into the magic mirror and Dumbledore said, "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live." And I realized in that moment that my 'magic mirror' was the Internet. I can fantasize about all my dreams without actively pursuing any of them, and I think that's really been holding me back for the last ten years. In the mirror I see all my dreams being realized, only it's an illusion. Once I leave Youtube or Pinterest or Facebook, I still haven't gotten closer to my dreams.  


No comments:

Post a Comment