Saturday, September 13, 2014

Roadrunner Gets a Free Lunch

Hope my friend turns this into an art studio someday.

Me in blue.
I am so happy it is Saturday. I just got a new book about giving away art so I'm going to make something and just give it away. This isn't a new thing for me. I even have a blog about it I started years ago. The title of the book is the Art Abandonment Project and they call the participants Abandoneers. And if any town needs free art it is Lucerne Valley CA. This is such an economically depressed area, I can't imagine the schools have much art funding, if any.

My honey also got me two other books. The other two are on making musical instruments. I am so excited to get those books and I can't wait to make a guitar using an old license plate. Yes, it will challenge my very limited woodworking, metalworking and electronics skills, but I'm going to give it a shot until I get the hang of it. It is so far out of my comfort zone. That is why I must do it.

I'm also going to the library to return a Bob Dylan video and CD and also to return Dead Poet's Society, my favorite Robin William's movie. I love movies about freethinkers.

Yesterday I glanced out my front window, and on the table was a hawk. Sitting right there. So close I could have touched it if there wasn't glass in the window. Amazing.

We also had trapped a mouse in a mousetrap. Fletcher tossed it to a roadrunner, and the roadrunner snatched it up in a flash and ran off.

Time to get going before it gets any hotter out. I am sitting in front of a swamp cooler, so it feels like I have all the time in the world. But the second I step out of the house, it can feel like a blast furnace.
Working on a gray necklace in crochet.

No comments:

Post a Comment