Saturday, June 15, 2013

The Other Shoe

Last night I felt like I was waiting for the other shoe to fall. I went to bed at 10 PM, way early for me, because my bf had snubbed any desire I had to go out and do something romantic and fun on a Friday night. I dropped the idea when it went over like a lead balloon. My Internet connection hadn't worked most of the day, so after wasting an hour playing solitaire, waiting for the link to come up, I decided to just go to bed.
Only I couldn't sleep. I was still reading 'When God Was a Rabbit.'  I finally finished it at 1 AM but was still wide awake. So I tried my connection again, and still no go. I played solitaire until my eyes were blurry and finally went back to bed. Shortly after I fell asleep thuds against my window woke me up. Nothing there. Back to sleep. Thuds. What the heck.

Got up this morning, still no Internet. That's why I'm at the library now. But not before my boyfriend's mom called to tell us her husband was just read his last rites. So there was the other shoe falling. They aren't sure what is wrong other than the Alzheimers and the hip he just had surgery on. They were about to move him to another convelescent home or a hospice, but it doesn't look like he's going anywhere physically. She told us not to come down. He won't recognize us anyway. Sadness.

No comments:

Post a Comment