Friday, April 19, 2013

Forgiveness

I can't seem to stay balanced today. That I've survived at all is a miracle. I've never had so little faith in my country. People seem to be short on forgiveness, even those claiming to be Christians. One class I observed said it is a good idea to start the day saying with great enthusiasm, "I forgive everyone." Look in a mirror and keep saying it until you mean it. Forgiving others cleans out the cobwebs in your own psyche. If you can't forgive simple things, like someone parking in your spot, how can you forgive major things, like someone shooting your child? Forgive, let it go, and use your energy for something more useful. Note, I didn't say forget. Remembering is a survival skill. You can forgive someone without giving them a second chance to screw you over.

No comments:

Post a Comment