Friday, May 10, 2013

Heather is Here. Or is she?

Last night I had to sleep in a recliner. So when I got up at 7 AM feeling like a truck had hit me I crawled into an empty bed and fell back asleep. Usually that causes me to have lucid dreams.  This time I dreamed I lived in a giant clean house. My boyfriend was there fiddling with a thermostat looking thing on the wall. Suddenly the whole house started to rotate, which freaked me out. I kept asking him what he was doing. Then when I got up, each window had a different view than before, which left me feeling disoriented. I walked into a giant sunken living room attached to a higher dining area.  At the table was my little girl Heather. She was about 6 or 7. She was making an art project. I was so happy I kept saying, "Heather is here. Heather is here." I swear I said it so loud, I must have been talking in my sleep. I kept asking myself if she was real. And my mind would answer, "Of course she is real; she is standing right there'. She got up and started to walk over to me. Her blond hair was back-lit by the sun and she had a big smile on her face.

The I woke up and realized it was just a dream. I was sad that she wasn't really here. In fact she turned 31 yesterday, and has two kids of her own and lives far away. I just talked to her on the phone last night and she was very happy.

My daughter holding my grandson.

No comments:

Post a Comment