Monday, July 15, 2013

Family Time

Today was a day full of good news and bad news, blessings and curses. It reminds me of a movie I just watched where there was a Latin saying that basically means out of bad things can come good.  Let's hope so.

There are changes I want to make in my life. I don't think I've been applying myself. In many ways I'd given up. I got tired of bashing my head against the wall. So I either need a harder head or to remove the walls.

The relationship I'm in isn't working for either of us. I either need to change it or leave it. I want to keep traveling so I need to figure out how to finance that. I need to continue my education somehow. I need to improve my fitness, which is on a terrible downward spiral. I can't continue on like this; being in pain every day. Not every moment; just when I stand up, sit down, or move.

I have five Etsy shops, all of which are empty except for 2 items I just renewed. I have a lot of things pointed to those shops, like Youtube videos. It's discouraging when nothing sells, but it's stupid to have empty shops which pretty much guarantees nothing will sell. I just bought more tools and parts so I can finish new jewelry to put in my Hypnotic Etsy shop. I somehow lost my jewelry pliers when I got on the train, so I had to buy new ones. Maybe they slid under my train seat or something when I was pulling things out of my project bag. At any rate I got a kit for $12.00.  Just the pliers alone were from $8 to $10, so it made more sense to get the kit, which comes with a plastic carrying box, pliers that work also as crimpers and wire cutters, a magnifying glass, tweezers and some other tools. My daughter gave me her 40% off coupon to use.

Great start but when I got home and helped take care of my 2 grandkids, the day got away from me and was over before I knew it. One is 2 years old and the other is 5 months old, so they need constant supervision. My daughter is exhausted at the end of each day. So anything I can do to help her is worth it. There was a family emergency going on, so her husband was busy sorting through that and making the necessary phone calls. In a way I'm glad his father passed on so he will never have to deal with what happened.



No comments:

Post a Comment