Friday, March 1, 2013

The Daily Grind and Making a Living Freelance Style

I'm greatly relieved that a new month is here and we somehow managed to pay our rent on time. Now I just have to save another $140 to pay for our 'garage' which consists of two containers like you pull on the back of a shipping truck. If you don't pay on time, they just come get it, with all your stuff inside. And we don't want that, now do we. That bill is not due until the 10th, so I'm crossing my finger that money finds its way to me.

I'm trying to get some classes going again now that the dust has settled on our new home and I can get back to the business of being in business. I remember my high school art teachers telling me that being a freelance artist wasn't a good career choice. Obviously it wasn't for them, because they got jobs as teachers. But I'm stubborn and refuse to give up. Sometimes freelance artists do make it, and I hope to be one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment