Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Dreary Day of Moving Boxes

I spent most of today as a passenger so we could go clean out our storage unit in Westminster CA. I wish we had just rented a truck because not much fit in our pick-up and now we’ll have to go back 2 or 3 more times. I’d rather have done the whole thing in one day. It takes an entire day to make the trip, whether we get 20 boxes or all of them. The good part of the day was I got to knit for about 4 hours and I found my loom and my manual typewriter in storage, so I’ll get to use those again finally. They’ve been in there 16 years. We had no room for them in the apartment, and now we have no more room for them in the new home, but we can’t afford storage anymore, especially storage that is 150 miles away. Don’t ask me what we are going to do with this stuff when we get it to our new home. And it’s raining today so we can’t even unpack the truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment