Monday, January 21, 2013

Guitar Where Did We Go Wrong?

I remember trying to teach guitar to a college student. After the 3rd lesson she quit. She asked me when she’d be able to play like Eric Clapton. Seriously. I think a lot of people want something for nothing. They want to take a magic talent pill and be an overnight sensation. Right now I have a mental block with practicing my guitar. I got 2 library books on playing it thinking that would motivate me. Today I even stared at my guitar case in the closet. Nothing. I said to myself, ‘when you get out of the shower, then you can play.’ Then I forgot all about it until I needed a topic for tonight’s post. The person who inspired me to blog daily, because she was going to blog daily, left a post a few days ago saying she was ‘going away’. No posts since. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment