Friday, January 18, 2013

Music Corner


I’m doing my best to make small improvements to my life each day.
I’d noticed my musical dreams had fallen by the wayside. So one of the first things I did at my new place was to make a music corner with the guitar, drums, recorders and didgeridos in it.
So I’ve been making it a point to practice piano. I just realized that it's already been a week since I got to play piano. So I sat down and played while my boyfriend was (hopefully) out of earshot. He came in and asked me what was wrong. I said, “Nothing, why?” And he said he thought the cat had gotten tangled up in the blinds again and was making a racket. Very funny. There is a reason I’m so self conscious about doing anything theatrical around him. I try to have mercy on him and at least wait until he is out of earshot. I’d like to get back to the point where I could teach piano classes again.

I also picked up some guitar books at the library. Hopefully when I clean my room today I’ll be able to get to my closet and get my guitar out. Then I can put it in the music corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment