Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Red Wagon

This is the eve of my 55th birthday. I'm sitting in a tiny house in the CA desert, in a place I never thought I'd be. So far I haven't gotten used to it. I have a fire going in our wood burning stove. I would describe this as a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live here. Unfortunately I do live here and I'm trying to make the best of it.

My friend sent me a birthday card with a victorian woman on the front. It says Do something wild on your birthday...and don't forget who gave you the idea.

My grandson is 2 and wants to do everything himself.  Here he is pulling a wagon in my yard. I wish it had snowed. It snowed about a week before Christmas. We had a bonfire in the backyard for New Year's Eve. My son-in-law took over chopping dead branches and cactus for the fire. My boyfriend made tamales and pumpkin pie. I spent my time seeing as much as I could of my pregnant daughter and my grandson.

I was sorry to see them go.



No comments:

Post a Comment