Thursday, January 31, 2013

Moving On


Halfway point

Empty finally, after 3 trips.
In an effort to save money (and who doesn't want to do that), we finally got everything out of a storage unit that has been stuck there for 16 years because we've had no where else to put it. I finally found my Gocco Printer, my manual typewriter, my upright loom and my collection of rubber stamps. I found things that made me sad, like all the stuff from my office in San Luis Obispo, CA before my divorce. I found things that made me happy, like the first stuffed elephant I ever crocheted, which I made for my new baby in 1982, which I can now wash and fluff up and re-gift to my grandson. Just in time too, because he will soon have a baby sister, and I don't want him to feel left out when the new baby gets all the attention. But after two days of driving to Orange County and back from the Mojave desert, I am happy to be home again. What a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment