Monday, January 7, 2013

Anxiety and Restless Nights

As much as I wanted to sleep in today, I was flopping around like a fish, so at 7 AM I finally gave up and got out of bed. When I renewed my driver's license, the DMV put my old address on it. I'd already sent them the new address when I moved here but somehow they botched it and put the wrong address. So now I have an appointment to go there this morning. No big deal, except I don't have a car and my boyfriend will now have to drive me 60 miles round trip to fix their mistake. I just hope they don't charge me for the privelege but they probably will. So I couldn't sleep. I hate to impose on him and he's not happy with me anyway so it just adds more stress to our relationship. To make it worse, I haven't gotten my check yet, because that is still forwarded from the old address. So I can't pay bills until it comes in the mail. Last month it came on the 5th. It will probably come today, but if so it will be while we are already out of town, so we will have to make another 40 mile round trip to take it to the bank before I can pay bills with it. I shouldn't blame myself...he's the one that wanted to move out in the middle of nowhere. But I know he can't afford the gas so I feel miserable about it.

Update:

Today turned out better than I thought it would. Although the DMV was as bad as I remember the DMV offices of the past being, I was out of there in 20 minutes because I’d made an appt. first. Why in the world the other 100 people in line didn’t do that is beyond me. And she waived the fee for fixing my address which was only fair because they are the ones who haven’t updated their records with my new address. To my surprise she gave me a piece of paper to serve as a temporary license until they make me a new one.

But on to the good stuff. I finally got to go to Hobby Lobby. Friends have been telling me about it for years but I never lived near one. I’ve been waiting 4 months to go to this one. I didn’t have much money on me but I was determined to buy something. Luckily their McCall patterns were on sale for .99 so I was able to get 2 dress patterns from the new book.

No comments:

Post a Comment